Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vegan beef stew

So it looks down right nasty in the second picture (bc I added a little vegan sour cream which made it super amazing) but this was one tasty soup! It has veggie broth, potatoes, carrots, onion, kale, bell pepper, corn and garlic. I added a little seitan. Its not really needed but good if you want that meaty taste. I threw it all in the crackpot. Yet another simple, cruelty free dish! And healthy of course! Next time I'm adding tomatoes and mushrooms. Omg.
I used to love my crockpot and felt sad about not using it as much when I went vegan until I started looking up some yummy vegan versions of my favorite crockpot meals. So see, you can still make really anything you made before in the crockpot vegan. And you don't have to touch nasty flesh. I was always a little creeped out that raw chicken was touching the other items in my crockpot. I know it all cooked but still. Ew. Whip out the crockpot and try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment