Friday, February 15, 2013

Vegan poppyseed chicken!

It's a tradition for me to make jimmy poppyseed chicken every Valentine's day. Last year I used free range chicken. Ha. So this year I had to figure something out bc we love it and its a tradition! So I mixed a box of vegan mushroom soup, vegan sour cream and some fake chicken cutlets together with some cracker bites (to give it more texture) and threw some crushed crackers and poppyseed on top. Baked on 350 for 30 minutes. You couldn't tell a bit of difference!! Although next time I will use seitan or tofu. The best part about this, I didn't have to boil a dead chicken and shread it's body! I always HATED doing that! So by simply choosing the vegan option, you cut out 30 minutes worth of work from the process!!! Oh, and you save some poor chickens who are treated worse than any animal by the way. It took literally 5 minutes. I'm going to start making this more often! Oh, and we also had vegan muddys cupcakes. Did you know vegans can still enjoy muddys? Hell yes! I didn't have time to take a pic of it bc I was too busy scarfing it down. Oh I love Valentine's day splurges!

No comments:

Post a Comment